Canada’s leader in online testing and training.
How it started
In 2005, Chris LaBossiere and Don Riep took their flight exams. It felt like an ordeal from the 1970s. Why wasn’t the training and testing online? Why wasn’t it better? They looked up at the sky, and down at the new licenses in their hands. They had an idea that soared far beyond flying, an idea that will uplift a billion learners.
Learners’ needs are always evolving, and so are we.
When we launched Yardstick in 2005, we were a small practice exam company with a big idea: that technology and innovation could change whole industries. Since then, we’ve grown, evolved, and acquired, and we’ve emerged as leaders in high-stakes testing, online training, consulting, and more. Each new business venture brings us closer to our shared goal to help build a safer, more confident world.
- 400+ test centers
- 20+ Awards won
- 4 Canadian offices
- 100+ Industry leaders
One big hairy audacious goal. Help a billion learners achieve competence by 2025.
So much depends on how well people in our most vital industries are trained and tested. It matters to learners, too. They’re not just safer. They’re more confident about their skills and knowledge, more likely to succeed.
We build everything at Yardstick with learners’ success, and your safety, in mind. We power our online training and testing with rigour, precision and science. We create and deliver it with personality, openness, even delight.
Award winning services
- 2017 Waterstone Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- 2017 EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2017 Profit 500 Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies
- 2016 Alberta Venture Fast Growth 50
- 2014 Waterstone Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- 2014 Profit 500 Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies
- 2014 Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2014 Digital Alberta Best in eLearning
- 2013 Alberta Venture Fast Growth 50
- 2013 Profit 500 Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies
- 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2013 CSTD Wow! Award
- Chris LaBossiereCEO
- Don RiepCTO
- Greg KurelukCRO
- Alina MartinPresident, Danatec
- Jon HillEVP, eLearning
- Greg SadeskyChief Scientific Officer, YAS
- Isabelle GonthierPresident, YAS